paulownia trees

Barry & Margarita bmn at iglou.com
Sat Mar 25 07:39:29 EST 2000

Mikal Jakubal wrote:
> What does anyone know about Paulownias in pc design? Has anyone used them?
> Just curious--they seem interesting.
> Mikal

That all depends on one's outlook.  They are EXTREMELY invasive and have
become serious problems.  Since the #2 threat to native species is
invasive exotics (second only to habitat destruction in the USA), I am
not a fan.  Unfortunately, they're being heralded as fantastic trees due
to quick growth.  They produce ungodly numbers of seeds which are widely
dispersed.  This is why they're impossible to control.
--
Please note and remove the spamblock "faux." from my reply-to address
above in order to send a reply.  I use it to block some of the junk