RFI: Earthbags

Keith Johnson keithdj at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 23 19:33:58 EST 2000

Myk,
We haven't used "earthbags" at Earthaven ecovillage, where I live, but we have used
gravel- filled bags for foundations. The bags are stacked on a rubble/gravel trench and
interwoven with barbed wire then finally stuccoed. We then have a foundation upon which
we can use strawbales, cob, or clay-straw infill. In our case we have a pole frame
building with clay-straw. We're quite happy with it.
Keith Johnson