PIJ - new web presence? & Re: flame-free list

Pacific Edge Permaculture pacedge at magna.com.au
Tue Jun 6 04:03:41 EDT 2000

on 6/6/00 4:20 AM, Lawrence F. London, Jr. at lflondon at mindspring.com wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Jun 2000 17:28:30 GMT, "Akiva" <akivaw at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> We (and I) could do a lot to get and keep PIJ online permanently
> and permaculturally (or electropermiculturally for those wanting that
> qualification). Eventually this presence for them could translate into
> a revitalized and renewed hardcopy presence.
> And what about their Glocal Permaculture Directory? What happens to
> that? Could I set them up with a free website here at MetaLab where
> they could keep on trucking and put the Directory online (they could
> always print it out for anyone wanting to purchase this from them by
> mail order). There are a lot of possilities here; why don;t we take
> advantage of a few of thm? Russ??? Any comments?

The idea I have been considering is setting up a WWW portal for Permaculture
International. This would link people with permaculture websites and email
addresses, carry a description of Permaculture International, of
permaculture and include a newsletter.

We had success in obtaining a free ISP here in Sydney to house the
Permaculture Sydney website free of charge and I would hope to use this same
ISP for a Permaculture International website were that to be agreed and were
the project to go ahead.

As for the Global Directory, I am unaware of any discussion about its
future, however I will email tonight seeking information.

---------------------
PACIFIC EDGE
Permaculture & Media
Russ Grayson and Fiona Campbell

PO Box 446, Kogarah NSW 2217 AUSTRALIA
Phone/ fax   02-9588 6931   (IDD-61+2+9588 6931)
Email: pacedge at magna.com.au
WWW: http://www.magna.com.au/~pacedge/

PERMACULTURE/ COMMUNITY BASED ESD: permaculture education + Community
Gardens Network (NSW contact) + organic gardening
training + overseas development aid project services.
MEDIA: publication design + desktop publishing services  + website design +
website content development + journalism/ photojournalism.