Nettles

FranksFarm at aol.com FranksFarm at aol.com
Sat Aug 5 08:36:40 EDT 2000

Good day,

In a message dated 8/4/00 10:33:05 PM, MBGREY at mnp.net writes:

<< Urtica dioica
Look at the photos from Michael Moore's website.
or Plants for a Future for cultural info.
 >>  Thanks , Marty. I looked at the pictures but now am wondering if it
might be another variety, or even another plant. Leaves are sharp
pointed,plant  grows to over 6' and has a ball shaped cluster in center that
opens up.

I ususally find them growing in areas that also contain "iron weed" -vernonia
altissima. In fact that first JPEG of Urtica-dioica stinging nettle looked
more like vernonia to me.

But I'm no expert:)

Does any one know of a good way , site to ID plants when you don't know their
names??

Thanks. Frank