[permaculture] Re: Does Permaculture have to be so expensive???

Kelley amaranth at uninets.net
Thu May 20 10:48:03 EDT 1999

would be way too much work to organize something like that.  I've  just come off of a
one-year process organizing an ecopsychology conference (which was only a weekend!) and
have to catch up on farm work because of it.  Even though I could get some farm labor
out of the deal, I have to think whether the time, energy, planning, missing of chores
is worth it.

Kelley

FranksFarm at aol.com wrote:

> Hey,
>
> In a message dated 5/18/99 10:45:43 AM, amaranth at uninets.net( Kelley) writes:
>
> <<I don't think that teaching Pc for money is unethical.  But, one of the
> reasons that I feel courses are so high in cost is that for me, I would have
> to travel quite a
> distance for a course.  As far as I know, the closest courses are in Nova
> Scotia,
> Maryland and Tennessee (except for exceptionally rare courses offered a bit
> closer).
> Not only is the money a factor, but the time is very difficult for me as
> well.  It's
> hard to be gone for a week or more and leave DH with all the home
> responsibilities >>
>
> Very well said Kelley:)
>
>  I too have similar problems, and concerns. I had planned to attend a Course
> in Ohio...but had to cancel at the last permitted  date due to farm
> plans/obligations. I was really looking forward to that weekend, and the cost
> was much lower than others. I think it was around $250 since the teachers
> were not well known, and the Center is obviously trying to entice like minded
> folk to visit.
>
> Any PC courses coming up in Kentucky?  Best to all.   Frank
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: amaranth at uninets.net

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: london at metalab.unc.edu