Khiza'a Permaculture Centre in Gaza Strip

Lawrence F. London, Jr. london at metalab.unc.edu
Thu Jul 22 06:04:58 EDT 1999

Lawrence F. London, Jr. -+|+- Venaura Farm
london at metalab.unc.edu   lflondon at worldnet.att.net
http://metalab.unc.edu/london, /permaculture, /ecolandtech
EcoLandTech -+|+- InterGarden -+|+- Permaculture

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Scott Pittman wrote:

> >Please Circulate Anouncement
> >
> Is this date a typo or is this a case of "an hour late and a dollar short".
> Scott Pittman

AHLAADS, unfortunately, no typo. I discovered the post in a
small farmer questionnaire/forum I have set up off my homepage.
It's not much used and I don't check it often.

I heard the report live on the BBC radio and reported on that
to the list a awhile back. Unfortunately the BBC webpage
on the broadcast doesn't seem to exist anymore though it may
have been put in an archive somewhere. Worth looking for
if anyone wants to check.

Regarding Mollison's Designers Manual, I found a copy in a
local Barneds & Noble store for $40 so I grabbed it. I
will have to say the book is way beyond anything I would
have dreamed of, a truly incredible magnum opus! There's
enough material in the book for practitioners as well as
teachers to learn and put to use to keep one busy for many
years.

One method I really liked is filling the dividing/walking spaces
between raised crop beds with muclh, all the way to the cropline
along the sides of the beds.

---
You are currently subscribed to permaculture as: london at metalab.unc.edu