Compost fungi and allergies

stephan leimroth slimerote at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 22:13:34 EDT 1999

hi, marsha,

while transfering some oak and pine tree chips from a
chipping truck to my smaller vehicle, my friend and i
were both exposed to airbone fungal spores (a visible
cloud that looked like steam).  while i spent a
feverish, worried night, my friend experienced what he
described as an hallucinatory experience (i think just
a high-fever experience) that, in the end, i think he
enjoyed.
i don't know if we suffer any longer term effects from
that one exposure, but i don't doubt that one would
from repeated exposure.

bye,
stephan