info on permaculture - Chicagoland

John W Irwin pcdirect at lancnews.infi.net
Thu Oct 8 15:20:53 EDT 1998

Primover1 at aol.com wrote:

> I have recently become interested in permaculture and was wondering if anyone
> had information on classes or talks or anything to do with permaculture in the
> chicagoland area. thanks

Dear Friend:
       You ask a good question.  First of all, to my knowledge, there
have never been any Permaculture courses given in the Chicago area or
even Illinois.     Soon it will no longer be a secret.  Chicago is the
biggest gap in Pc education.  Once this message reaches the ³NET² & the
Directory is published, it may not be long before Pc reaches Chicago.
        We have compiled thousands of names who have taken Pc courses &
14 names are from Chicago or Northern Illinois.  I will supply the names
of two, whose names will be published in the American Permaculture
Directory this month ( see www.permaculture.net)

Angela Dechard, 260 Van Damin, Glen Ellyn IL 60137, h-908-832-6285,
w-708-469-1345,  (as of 6/95)

Erik M Hill, 17580 Timber Dr, Sterling IL 61081, 815-626-9264,
<ehill at aol.com> (as of 8/96)

     There is more Pc activity in southern Wisconsin, & some in Indiana
too.  If you need more names from the Chicago area or WI or IN, contact
me direct  <jwirwin at permaculture.net>         For the Earth ...  John
Irwin