ANNOUNCE: Amire Joannet Harvest Celebration/benefit at OAEC

John Schinnerer JohnS at STLabs.com
Thu Jun 25 16:08:27 EDT 1998

Aloha,

A benefit dinner for Occidental Arts & Ecology Center (Occidental, N.
California, USA) is happening on July 11th.  The vegetarian menu is heavily
inspired by the soon-to-be-ripe fruit from their two 100-year-old Amire
Joannet Pear trees and rounded out with fresh goodies from their own
extensive (and beautiful) gardens and various local providers of mushrooms,
cheeses, wines and other scrumptious goodies.  Weather permitting (most
likely it will be), the tables will be set under the Bomberry Oak in the
North Garden.  Head Chef is Doug Gosling, who is also the master gardener at
OAEC.  I did my design course there, and can vouch for his incredible food
creativity and cooking ability!!

The dinner is a benefit for OAEC and tickets are $100 per person.  Garden
opens at 5:00, champagne and hors d'oeuvres at 6:30 and dinner at 7:00.
Occidental is west of Santa Rosa, northwest of Petaluma, in the rolling
coastal hills of northern California.

For more info or to reserve a place, contact OAEC at (707) 874-1557, fax
(707) 874-1558, and now they even list an e-mail address of oaec at igc.org as
well.

John Schinnerer