observations afoot

Guy Clark guyclark at socket.net
Tue Jun 9 20:36:20 EDT 1998

Hello again-
	We are suffering under the once in 221 year coincidence of the 13 and 17
year cicada cycle.  I will probably lose 1 1/2 years growth on the 35 fruit
trees I planted in the last two years.  I will also lose some growth on the
Tulip tree (Liriodendron tulipifera), Carolina Silverbells (Halesia
carolina), 3 Amur Cork trees (Phellodendron amurense), Black Gum (Nyssa
sylvatica), Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba) and Golden Rain trees (Koelreuteria
paniculata).
	I have been told by one of the subscribers to my CSA that I could help the
 trees by spraying one of the Bokashi formulas on them, but I am still
going to have to cut them back dramatically.
Namaste',
Guy Clark
Fertile Crescent Farm
310 Hartley Court