Permaculture and Modern Education

April Sampson-Kelly askpv at ozemail.com.au
Wed Aug 5 20:42:54 EDT 1998

why do mention distance learning as frightening?
Do you believe that all people cannot learn without the physical presence of
a teacher?
Most of us learn most of the day without someone else telling us how and
why.
In answer to your models and assessment, there is a lot of disscussion on
these issues
at conferences and convergences? of course there is always more room for
similar discussions,
at the 6th conference there was a brave couple introducing the notion of
self-governed learning,
and it became quickly apparent that there are different learning methods for
the different cultures,
some are not ready to break the barriers if the barriers are new and
establishing social co-hesion.
(as Tshepo, of Africa, pointed out)
How much do you know about permaculture as an ethic and lifestyle?
You may find there a number of 'threats' to teaching in itself.
maybe that would be a good start to your quest.
Did you study patterns and observations in your PDC?
and as for the thousands of permaculture children out there, (permaculture
has been going since the 70's
so we are into second generation now)  they learn by example above all.
April