Author's right

Scott Pittman pci at permaculture-inst.org
Wed Apr 29 23:58:34 EDT 1998

At 11:50 AM 4/26/98 -0300, Mr. =?UNKNOWN-8BIT?Q?St=E9phane?= Blanchard wrote:
>Hello everybody,
>		I am currently putting a Web page in French on Permaculture.  I find
>there is quite a few pages on the subject in this language but very few
>in French.  So I am giving it a try.
>I am just wondering about author's right and things like that.  I
>translated the preface from "Introduction to Permaculture" and I was
>wondering if it is O.K. if I put the info of the source after the
>translated version.
>
>		Thanks.
>Stéphane

Dear Stephane,

I think that it's great that you are putting permaculture into French but
first you should write the Permaculture Institute in Australia
<perminst at peg.org> or to <lisamonckton at compuserve.com> to get permission
from the author Bill Mollison.  Bill is very sensitive about people using
his work without permission because he has had whole books translated and
sold without his knowledge.

I doubt that he will mind if you properly attribute your translation - but
please check it out with him.
Scott & Arina Pittman

Permaculture Institute
PO Box 3702, Pojoaque, NM 87501  US