Art/ Stop Farming Now

Marsha Hanzi hanzibra at svn.com.br
Thu Apr 2 07:30:27 EST 1998

There is something attractive about a farmer making things "firm", as
this is in fact the stable base of any economy , as Bloefield so
elegantly points out in "Pleasant Valley".
	Ironically in Brazilian Portuguese we have no word for "farmer", other
than "produtor rural"-- rural producer.  That also is a bit too
commercial-- farmer has more profound psychological  meanings for us,
don`t you think?  It has connotations of roots, which  "rural
producer"does not have...

Marsha
Instituto de Permacultura da Bahia
Brazil