Software for planning permaculture systems.

Charland, Stacy CHARLANS at gm1.nigms.nih.gov
Wed May 28 14:48:03 EDT 1997

I for one would love to see more diagrams available, like the one at  http://www.permaculture-institute.org/

Stacy

-----Original Message-----
From:	joed at igc.org [SMTP:joed at igc.org]
Sent:	Wednesday, May 28, 1997 1:01 PM
To:	permaculture at listserv.oit.unc.edu
Subject:	Re: Software for planning permaculture systems.

I don't know of any software available but it's an interesting
question.  If you could have software what would it do?
Something like landscape design?  Or maybe a searchable
version of a design manual.  I ask because I'd consider writing
some software if I thought that permaculturalists would really use it.
I think that most people are better served by a good book and contact
with other people.

I was thinking about starting a web site where people could submit
drawings of their own designs and techniques.  A kind of living
book of Permaculture designs.  Perhaps the site could get permission
to use some existing published designs as well.  Books are still the
most useful "software" that I know of but a web site would allow the
occational designer to share with a large number of people.

Comments?  Ideas?  Other information exchange ideas?

Joe Dalsin - joed at igc.org