diversity v monoculture and climate change

M. Mattox mmattox at u.washington.edu
Tue Mar 4 19:12:40 EST 1997

I am trying to research the differences in systems that are diverse
biologically and structurally compared to monocultures in the face of
climate change. If anyone has any ideas or sources I would really
appreciate the input.
I am largely concerned with forest systems but general issues or case
studies would be helpful.
As a means of future management for resources it seems that illustrating
the importance of diversity and variety is a fundamental issue. I hope to
be able to compile some coherent argument for this.
Any input would be great, my email is  mmattox at u.washington.edu
Thanks, Megan