More on hedges

Warwick Rowell warwick at bettong.eepo.dialix.oz.au
Sat Oct 29 09:45:36 EDT 1994

Further to Vic's comment, and his inclusion of stuff from Bill Parker,
there are increasing attempts to save the old skills. I have been
ablt to find several in areas of Western Australia, as well as in England.

For those who may have more than a passing interest, there is a very
good book that I believe would be enough for someone actually wanting
to do these things:

	The Forgotten Arts
	John Seymour
	Dorling Kindersley, UK for the National Trust
	1984
	ISBN 0-86318-052-3

One chapter is called Crafts of the field:
Hedge laying, Dry-stone walling, Making stiles, Well Digging, Peat Cutting.

Warwick
|                warwick.rowell at eepo.com.au                |
|   Management Consultant      Permaculture Designer       |
|_"Helping Managers Learn"____"Helping Land Managers Learn_|