[pchealth] Traditional Scottish Recipes - Scottish Culture

Frances and David fdnokes at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 22 22:05:46 EST 2012

Tis indeed a pricey item...
I once tried some from Upaya Naturals (Toronto area outlet)
but happened to look into it and find that this is the company here:
http://www.brittanysalt.com/
As they are American, I believe that you might have better luck re:
shipping. Still pricey.

My experience with seaweeds is of using kombu for soups, as well as others
such as dulse.
When it comes to seaweeds in salads, I have used dulse and kelp, but that is
about it.
Oh, and there is Nori. I have used that one... It is the sushi wrap seaweed.
It is possible to purchase it raw as well as the standard version.

Yes, soaking sounds like the thing to try, indeed!

Vicarious enjoyment to hear that you are enjoying your own harvest of
lemons!

Changing up the diet is what has worked for me over the years. Just keep
following those nudges, and never expect them to ever end.

Offhand, all I can suggest for salad dressing is substituting the lemons for
the vinegar!  I highly recommend you try that...
Might enjoy mixing up the salads with some super fine shredded beet and/or
carrot (and if you're up for it, even apple) in those salads...

Kelp is also a super nice addition to salads, I have found in the past.
I generally try to make food with presence, so that whatever additions I am
making are conscious. That way, I can follow my senses to natural variety
and proportion...
Trying slight variations all the time... Taking time to notice. Of course, I
do not do it this way all the time. And now, traveling, it is trickier...
That is part of the reason why I look forward to being home again ~ all of
this becomes possible once again!

Still, we have taken an awful lot with us, and it has been fun. We stayed
with a couchsurfing host who was a tea connoisseur. Just a young lass, too,
she is. Does tea reviews. Dave was the perfect foil to her well steeped
knowledge of tea. He had questions galore, and interest, and took notes. Was
wonderful to see how well tuned she was to the individual variations of the
teas. Saw the right way to do up Matcha tea, for instance (with a whisk) and
learned that the stuff that we had was stale!  (fresh is very bright
green)...
Have also met up with some new eating choices on the road, through friends,
and health food stores....