[pchealth] Granola bread, scone, pone or flatbread.

venaurafarm venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 20 22:05:19 EST 2012

On 12/20/2012 9:16 PM, Frances and David wrote:
> Dave used to make a recipe that involved  a combination of non-gluten type
> flours, using flax seed instead of eggs.

This is one thing I needed to know. If you add water to flaxseed meal it
turns into a gel somewhat. As a binder for breads, added to granular
lecithin, nutritional yeast, arrowroot powder, molasses may make it all
work fine to leaven flatbread or pones or cakes.

> I could ask him to post and you could adapt. For ourselves, we found that
> less was more and rather than putting everything into a loaf, it was better
> to go simple.

Probably a good plan. Leave the dried fruit out.

> I'm sure you could try adding one or two of your ingredients at a time, and
> work your way through it, for example...
> Not certain how you want to proceed, though, and we are currently visiting
> our home town, so not at home.
>
> In other news...
>
> Very much enjoying the lecithin that I picked up from your post, and now a

Great and it can be used in baking. I need to buy some more of it to use
daily.

> friend has introduced me to brown basmati with MCT oil and herbamare,

brown basmati rice is really good
never heard of MCT
I'd rather use olive, canola or sesame oil.
Herbamare and Trocomare (spicier) are the ultimate seasoning for
everything, mild with a hint of mixed vegetable flavor. It is my
favorite.  Gayelord Hauser Spike and Vege-Sal are just as good. G-H
offers about 8 different blends and all are excellent. I would have them
all in my kitchen.

> hitherto unknown to me (the MCT oil)  [Dave is sorry that it is not made out
> of something more environmental than palm oil but I feel like saying that
> the whole commercial food bus. is not very conscious, including green onions
> from Mexico!)
>
> I've also purchased some locally (Winnipeg) made seabuckthorn puree.

Its an aphrodesiac, afaik, at least for men.

> www.solberry.ca This wonderful stuff is actually made in Winnipeg. A very
> hardy plant indeed. I wanted to try some before attempting to grow my own
> seabuckthorn in coastal BC.  The fact that the plant has natural protection
> against deer is rather encouraging!  I've also heard that it is wonderfully
> prolific and resilient. Now I've tasted its high nutrition firsthand.  It
> smells bad but it tastes good!

I will have a look at that.

LL