[pchealth] Granola bread, scone, pone or flatbread.

venaurafarm venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 20 19:09:18 EST 2012

I've been trying to find out how to make (Scotch or Irish) oat cakes,
kind of an unleavened flatbread or scone, baked or fried. Sounds really
healthy and nutritious. If only I could make some kind of granola cake
or bread with: rolled oats, flaxseed, oatbran, sesame seeds, sunflower
seeds, finely ground cornmeal, nut meal: walnut, brazil, almond, chopped
dried fruit: raisins, prunes, apricots, olive oil, salt, water, maybe
nutritional yeast. Make into dough, form into cakes or pones or
flatbread, bake in oven or slowly fry in heavy cast iron frying pan,
covered. ? would this work? other needed ingredients?