[nafex] Diospyros rhombifolia

Jerry Lehman jwlehmantree at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 08:19:53 EDT 2015

On 10/14/2015 6:34 AM, mark wessel wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with D. rhombifolia. A friend from Longwood Gardens posted a picture of one last week. The fruit is very similar in shape to the Geneva long. If so, please comment on taste and hardiness.
>
> Mark
> Southern Ohio
Mark,

Mine is in a bucket and I bring it in every winter. I believe it is a
native to New Caledonia which is I believe is in the subtropics and if
correct would not survive outdoors in Ohio. It is 30 chromosome. Mine is
pistillate and without a pollinator produces attractive inedible
seedless fruit.

Jerry