[nafex] Diospyros rhombifolia

Jerry Lehman jwlehmantree at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 08:05:14 EDT 2015

On 10/14/2015 6:34 AM, mark wessel wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with D. rhombifolia. A friend from Longwood Gardens posted a picture of one last week. The fruit is very similar in shape to the Geneva long. If so, please comment on taste and hardiness.
Mark,

Yes I have one in a bucket and I've had it for several years. It is an
attractive fruit but the taste is absolutely horrible. It tastes like it
is pure poison. I'm including a picture of a fruit cut in half. This is
a rather large file, please let me know if you received it okay as
ibiblio doesn't send a copy to the sender.
Jerry