[nafex] Pawpaw question and jujube observation

Elizabeth Hilborn ehilborn at mebtel.net
Tue Aug 18 22:06:18 EDT 2015

I am seeing conflicting information on fruit sites, so I wanted to poll
the community: has anyone observed - do pawpaws grown from seed come
fairly true to parent's characteristics?

Observation- I have a 'So' jujube that has been bearing at my site at
least 5 years. This year is the first that my younger jujube 'Sherwood'
has bloomed. Sherwood set no fruit this year, but has greatly - I
estimate at least 3-4 times- increased the fruit on my 'So'. Limbs are
so laden with fruit, some appear to be close to breaking under the load.

I had read before of self-fruitful trees benefiting from a pollinizer,
but I have never seen such a dramatic difference!

Betsy Hilborn
7a NC