[nafex] Sweet / Pie Cherry on Choke Cherry?

fuwa fuwa usagi fuwafuwausagi at muchomail.com
Sat Apr 18 21:59:39 EDT 2015

I played around with this maybe 15 years ago, my results were similar to Jerry's.  A few scions sort of took, but just sat there.

However I did have much more success using Nanking Cherry (which is more plum compatible then cherry compatible) as an interstem on some branches (double working them).   When I double worked them I actually got growth on the scion wood and they developed flowers one year.  Unfortunately I was doing this in a field near my home and it was bulldozed for development so I never got to actually see if they fruited.

If you want to try the experiment, let me know and I will go prune my nanking cherry very hard so it would push suitable wood for grafting next year.

Good luck.

the fluffy bunny