[nafex] Sweet / Pie Cherry on Choke Cherry?

Peter Chrisbacher pxbacher at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 07:48:30 EDT 2015

This spring I acquired a few pie and sweet cherry scions to graft to our
back yard choke cherry tree, just to see if I could get any takes.

Reviews of posts around the web make it sound like I shouldn't expect much,
if anything.  Anyone have a different experience?  Varieties grafted were
Montmorency, Hartland, and Summit.  I used a bark graft, but withheld one
scion of each to try cleft grafts this coming weekend just in case graft
type has an impact on probability of takes.

Thanks

Pete Chrisbacher
Wilmington, DE