[nafex] Fireblight-Resistant Pear for LA area?

Spidra Webster spidra at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 23:15:25 EDT 2015

I'm making up a list of recommended species & varieties for our community
garden. We have room for fruit trees on a south-facing fence.

I personally gave up on pears since the stupid Bradford pear landscaping
around here is a constant source of fireblight infection. However, if
people wanted to try, what are the best tasting fireblight-resistant
varieties you've tasted that would do okay in a low chill environment like
Pasadena, CA? (Zone 10).

Thank you,

Megan Lynch
http://www.meganlynch.net