[nafex] neonicotinoid residual on citrus

Elizabeth Hilborn ehilborn at mebtel.net
Sat May 10 12:15:15 EDT 2014

Apparently neonicotinoids are systemic and have significant (at least 2
months) residual activity. Something to keep in mind as we purchase new
plants and introduce them into our orchards. If new plants are in bloom,
they may be a source of exposure to our bees.

See "advice for citrus nurseries" at the end of this article:
http://californiaagriculture.ucanr.edu/landingpage.cfm?article=ca.v057n04p128&fulltext=yes

Betsy Hilborn