[nafex] Want apple seeds?

tanis tanistanis at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 16 15:27:00 EST 2014

Last year I sent to the Pomona editor an article which included my recommendation to grow crops of faster growth and shorter lifespan than standard apple trees, considering the increasing weather extremes.  Against my own advice, I salvaged seeds while processing some apples last year.  Two chance-seedling small apples or apple-crabs, one yellow, one red.  I know the yellow grows nowhere near true to type.  If anyone wants to try growing their own seedling rootstocks and missed other chances at 2013 seeds, reply off list.

I kept some pear seeds too.  (Hey, if you toss 'em, you don't have 'em.)  Mostly from a Bartlett-type of forgotten name.

tc, s.WI, telling the young neighbors "Winters always used to be like this."