[nafex] tasty perennial Physalis

Robert Bruns r.fred.bruns at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 15:17:53 EDT 2014

Devin -

Where are you located?  Here in central Indiana, the edible ones don't
overwinter.  The only physalis that does overwinter is Chinese
Lantern, which isn't edible.  It is obviously a different species from
the edible ground cherry, both from appearance of the plants and from
the fact that the two don't hybridize even when grown next to each
other.

My favorite ground cherry is "Cossack Pineapple".  I think it's listed
as just plain "Pineapple" in some catalogs.

If you can provide seeds of your variety, I'd love to try it.

Fred Bruns