[nafex] Nanking cherry blossoms

Dan Nave nave1 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 14 22:02:41 EDT 2014

We have 3 Nanking Cherry plants.  These were bought from a dealer as bare root plants, but they were
from seed.
Interestingly, although the blossoms appear mostly white, the highlights on one are almost red,
another is pink, and the third is almost white.
The fruit color matches the blossoms, with the reddest blossom producing the reddest berries with
more tartness, the nearly white blossoms
producing a nearly white berry which tastes much sweeter, and the intermediate blossom producing
berries that are half way in between.

Dan