[nafex] Apios

Spidra Webster spidra at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 21:31:49 EDT 2014

I've found it useful while doing my own research (on Ceratonia) to do
occasional searches through Twitter. This article I found linked to there
mentions Steven Cannon at Iowa State U/USDA having 60 varieties he's been
working on.

http://ensia.com/articles/climate-change-cuisine

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/news/article_c7876aa8-7d77-11e3-8584-001a4bcf887a.html

I also found this reference to someone breeding some:

http://radix4roots.blogspot.it/2013/03/apios-americana-life-liberty-and.html

A reference to variety 'Nutty', saying it was bred in Louisiana:

http://twitpic.com/7bi713

This article mentions groundnut breeding wrapping up at LSU and mentions
the "baton being passed" to Steven Cannon at Iowa State.

http://honest-food.net/2014/02/13/harvesting-eating-american-groundnuts/

Hope that helps,

Megan Lynch
http://www.meganlynch.net