[nafex] European Apple Sawfly

Steve sdw12986 at aol.com
Mon Jun 10 01:13:35 EDT 2013

Thanks for the reply Deb. I thought you were the only reply. Then I
noticed that I had been dropped from the group and I had to sign up
again. I then checked the archives and found that Jim Freeman had
replied also. Thanks Jim. Oh, and there's another one from Eric Hambly.
Also helpful.
In the end, I didn't spray with Sevin after all. Imidan is also
recommended, from what I read last year. I was spraying my plums for
curculio anyway, so I just sprayed the apples with the Imidan too.
Another year, when the apples look too plentiful, I'll probably try
spraying Sevin on maybe one half of a couple of trees and the other half
with Imidan, just to see what happens. (And of course to kill the
sawflies too.) This year looks like a light crop so it's probably good
that I didn't go ahead with the Sevin.

Steve