[nafex] 1. Re: dreadfully chopped off roots on my Bay Laurel Nursery trees

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Mon Feb 18 17:15:11 EST 2013

On Feb 18, 2013, at 3:48 PM, Patsy King wrote:

>  Bay Laurel Nursery responded when I emailed
> them and stated that it was the growers that send them that way, so
> not Bay
> Laurel's fault.

I think that's a terrible answer. If you bought the trees from Bay
Laurel, then Bay Laurel is responsible for their condition. If they
contract with growers and those growers ship to Bay Laurel who then
ships to you, Bay Laurel should be checking the condition of trees on
arrival and not sending out trees with no roots. If they contract with
growers to ship directly to you, upon being notified by customers that
the trees are arriving with no roots, they should apologize, offer
customers a refund, and have a very firm word behind the scenes with
their suppliers.

If Bay Laurel is only functioning as a buying club, then the condition
may not be something they're responsible for; but this should be made
clear to customers up front.