[nafex] how to keep squirrels of trees

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Mon Dec 2 23:26:40 EST 2013

On Dec 2, 2013, at 6:10 PM, sherwin wrote:

>> If you can't bear the thought of terminating the bushy-tailed tree rats,  so
>> be it.  Not everyone can do it.
>> Far too many folks are living in a warm-fuzzy Disneyfied world, expecting
>> sweetness and light and 'sharing the bounty' from their wildlife 'friends';
>> but the critters don't understand that concept.
>      Maybe, someone will decide to get rid of your 'poodle-rat'.
>      Sticking a label on these animals does not diminish their worth.
>
>      I'm not ready to share any of my fruit with any critter, but I try
>      to understand we humans have invaded their turf, a two way
>      street.  I do my best to get rid of them without killing them.
>      Some people kill squirrels for food, but that's another matter.

Put me in the no-kill camp. If I wanted to eat squirrels, or if my fruit was my livelihood, I would kill the squirrels. But I don't particularly want to eat them, and I grow fruit as a hobby, and I have enjoyed watching squirrels frolicking and fighting and otherwise being squirrels for most of my life. It's not worth it to me to kill them. And hey, some years they even leave me some fruit.

Cheers,
Ginda