[nafex] Kokuso mulberry (thread was Morus nigra)

England's Orchard and Nursery nuttrees at prtcnet.org
Tue Apr 9 12:24:02 EDT 2013

Kokuso mulberry (thread was Morus nigra)

     Attached you will find some of the original correspondence between me
and UC Davis about Kokuso  20 I have had 21 is of low vigor and terribly
small fruit but it has not made the cut.

   You are correct that to me it is a superior fruit and compared to
Illinois everbearing it is a 10 but ILL E B is a tree form tree while Kokuso
is at our place a 20 year old trees grafted at about 5 feet high  it is only
about 12 feet tall and the growth is spreading while ILL E B is straight up
and the berry is not very good with that said some will disagree but the
only Fault that Kokuso has it ripens with in a 3 to 4 week period and then
they are gone so you kind of have the 6 in one hand and a half dozen in the
other scenario flavor over long season with berries that you can't get to.

This Is just My thoughts there is more tid bits of information and data but
see if this in what you have.

Thank you

Kumme and Clifford England

England's Orchard and Nursery