[nafex] Goji Berry - Wolfberry - Lycium barbarum

Hansen,Richard Dean rdhans01 at louisville.edu
Mon Jul 23 14:06:46 EDT 2012

Hi Chris,

They are incredibly easy to grow.  The only cultivar I am aware of is crimson star and I believe One Green World and Raintree Nursery carry them.

They are fairly productive but the BIRDS LOVE THEM! Even the goldfinches eat the green ones!  My experience is that they must be netted or planted by the hundreds to get any fruit. I eat if right off the bush.  The bush is not very attractive, but vigorous. You should have no problem. It is also easy to root by airlayering, by my experience.

Richard
Zone 6b-7

Message: 1