[nafex] galvanized nails

Bob Kelly bkelly66 at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 13 12:07:41 EDT 2012

Monica,

Galvanized nails are iron coated with zinc metal.  Zinc is a nontoxiic
mineral which is among the dietary supplements I take regularly.  I suppose
the acidic tree sap will dissolve some of the Zn as well as the Fe (iron)
from the nails.  This will be available to help nourish the tree.  I see no
possibility of possible toxicity.  Actually, zinc mineral is often added to
pecan trees.

Bob Kelly (Retired Chemist)
Aberdeen, MS