[nafex] Sea Buckthorn

Sarah Kehler Ewing skkewing at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 16:34:30 EST 2012

I wouldn't say the fruit tastes really bad, at least not the ones I have.  We bought Sea Buckthorn as the windbreak special (or what every they called their small sized, but still named plants) from Boughen and we tasted just a few last fall: we think they taste like sour oranges.  They would make awesome jelly or juice when mixed off with apple juice.  Hoping my bushes grow a lot this coming year and start producing real amounts of fruit.  Sigh, that would be the story of all my fruit growing efforts (except the strawberries and honeyberries, they are going great guns)>

Sarah
zone 3
Edmonton, AB