[nafex] Lon's passing

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 10 23:13:37 EST 2012

On 2/10/2012 10:44 PM, fuwa fuwa usagi wrote:
> My suggestion would be to get someone who has been in NAFEX a long
> time.  Back in the day the interest groups were test groups and Lon
> helped organize them and set up evaluations and the like.   Someone

I helped him with the startup of the grapebreeders list at ibiblio; this
was followed by a number of subgroup fruit lists associated with NAFEX,
pears-n, apples-n, plums-n and others. He kept these forums active for a
time but eventually asked to have them removed as traffic had dwindled
down too much. Maybe those familiar with those subgroups
could add their reminiscences about them to the eulogy.