[nafex] Evaluating mail order nurseries

Richard Moyer ramoyer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 14:11:28 EDT 2012

TyTy Nursery was mentioned yesterday, and PlantCares today.  As mentioned
on this list before, "Dave's Garden Watchdog" is a good site for customer
reviews of mail order nurseries.  They include feedback on over 7000
companies.  TyTy is not listed any more, but Garden Watchdog suggests
contacting the Better Business Bureau.

As for Ty Ty Nursery, check out the archives of this listserv, also Google
reviews of them before buying.

I'd not buy from a mail order company without positive, independent
customer feedback, but to each their own.

PlantCares is not on Garden Watchdog which makes me wonder.  Their apple
collection is unusual for a company listed as Louisville, KY.

Here is a site I just bumped into with recent feedback for Ty Ty
http://ty-ty-nursery.pissedconsumer.com/

Again, no trace of PlantCares there as well.  Makes me wonder...

Richard Moyer
SW VA