[NAFEX] hello winter & Petit Jewel Grapes

Doreen Howard gardendiva at charter.net
Thu Sep 15 16:38:46 EDT 2011

It was 33F this morning here along the IL-WI border.  Nine days ago, it was
96F!  Picking Asian pears like crazy.  I have one tree with two varieties,
20th Century and Chojuro.  I've already picked 100 pounds!  More remains.
Bought a dehydrator to make Asian pear chips.
Doreen Howard

P.S.  Yes, Dave Griffin, the Petite Jewel grapes have done well this season,
too.  Husband and wildlife eat most of them right off the vines.  I get only
a few!  Thanks for the starts.  I can't find a source for the Peppadew
pepper.  Maybe someone on this list knows of one.