[NAFEX] pears

fuwa fuwa usagi fuwafuwausagi at muchomail.com
Thu Sep 15 12:43:21 EDT 2011

Pears vary greatly in taste.

First a great divide is Asian vs European.

And within each are several types.

The leaves of several Asians are more attractive (leaf shape) compared to most Europeans in my opinion.

Many pears need a pollinator and a few need two or more pollinators.

For decoration I would consider Atlantic Queen or Rescue for large fruit size that looks interesting.  For looks I like Cojuro (large floppy leaves) and for shape Seckle.

All have wonderful taste.

My favorite for taste is a tree ripe Harvest Queen(close to pure sugar) and Magness (you need two pollinators) or Warren.