[NAFEX] rhubarb seed

mIEKAL aND qazingulaza at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 21:23:30 EDT 2011

I grew Glaskins Perpetual & Champagne from seed this year.  Got almost
100% germination from GP & after one summer there is very little
difference between plants other than some plants are growing more
vigorously.  With Champagne I got maybe 20% germination and the plants
are growing much slower, I'm gonna hold them until next spring to
plant.

A pack of seed is at most $3, & most of the roots I bought, even in
quantities of 50 were at least $5/per root. & compared to growing some
things from seed rhubarb is pretty easy.   In the future tho I want to
get my seeds started earlier, maybe in early March, so by early June I
have pretty substantial plants to put into the ground.

~mIEKAL