[NAFEX] [ARTICLE] How the apple took over the planet

Claude Jolicoeur cjoli at gmc.ulaval.ca
Tue Oct 25 11:34:20 EDT 2011

Yes, this is a book you are more likely to encounter in a University
library... And this where I was able to read it. They do have it at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.ca/Horticultural-Reviews-Apple-Fruit-Central/dp/0471219681
but price tag is very stiff...

In there you will find most of the writings of Dzhangaliev, the Kazakh
scientist, in a long article "The wild apple tree of Kazakhstan" that makes
over 200 pages, and another one on the wild fruits and nuts. This is the
only place as far as I know where the writings of Dzhangaliev have been
translated.

Jon, where did you find a PDF copy? We can see extracts of the book on
Google books, but won't let me download the PDF!

Claude