[NAFEX] Illinois Everbearing Mulberry

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Sat May 28 08:44:53 EDT 2011

In a message dated 5/27/2011 9:28:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rdhans01 at louisville.edu writes:

> I followed the suggestion made here on this list, to take a 2-4 ft
> section of [IEM] last years growth and bury all but a few inches. It rooted and
> grew perfectly and now I have a really nice tree from the original.

Richard,

Was the limb still attached such as in air layering? Was it a deep winter
cutting placed in a heated bed of growing medium? Was it June cuttings of
last years growth? More details please.

I love my IEM and so do the brids. I eat them, stem and all. Kids love
them. Make wonderful pie mixed 50/50 with raspberries.

Jerry