[NAFEX] 4 in one trees

david liezen chandos49 at hotmail.com
Mon May 23 13:05:04 EDT 2011

Caren,
I certainly agree. I have yet to find one of these bargain trees tagged with rootstock used. As I am learning, rootstock makes a huge difference, in addition to the concerns you already noted. I have run across so many people who have been sold something that has no disease resistance, or requires other spraying (an orchardist near here must spray Honeycrisp weekly to keep up with its calcium requirements in our soil), or requires a longer growing season than we have. Someone down the street bought a 4-in-one which includes Fuji and also a Fuji on its own, which he planted 6 feet away - no clue of the rootstocks used. "They told me these are dwarfs." He can only hope.

Dave Liezen, E. WA, z6