[NAFEX] Sawdust Mulching, now tree protection

V. Michael Bove Jr. vmb at teakettlefarm.com
Mon May 23 12:34:40 EDT 2011

As usual the voles beaverized a number of our Nankings this winter.  A
big problem is that Nankings tend to grow shrubby and it's not at all
easy to protect them when they have a half-dozen branches coming off
within six inches of the ground (and the other problem is that we had
a foot and a half of snow cover for about six weeks, so the bark got
stripped much higher than I'd wrapped them!)  I can't help wondering
whether there is some kind of distasteful goop I could just paint on
in early winter...

Michael Bove
Teakettle Farm, Z6 (MA/RI border)