[NAFEX] Getting More Flavor in Strawberries

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Fri May 20 06:38:04 EDT 2011

While I'm sure soil makes some difference, I have some alpine strawberries in pots, and others in the ground, and they taste pretty similar to me.

They taste much better if I wait until they are _really_ ripe before picking them.

I can only grow alpine strawberries. For reasons I don't understand the critters eat all my 'ordinary' strawberries but often don't notice the alpine ones. But far away the best-flavored strawberries I've bought at farmers' markets were 'earli-glow'.