[NAFEX] Hardy kiwi male

Jay Cutts orders at cuttsreviews.com
Sun May 8 19:48:05 EDT 2011

Does anyone know if there are any differences in requirements between a
female and male Actinidia arguta? I have a female that I planted last
year and it's getting well established. Just 8 feet away I've had three
male plants bite the dust. We are in a location in NM that gets quite
hot in the summer and the sun is very strong.

I remember something about cats being attracted to the plants. The third
male looked like its one tender shoot had been physically destroyed
overnight. Nothing is bothering the female. Any ideas?

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's Test Prep Publications
(800) 353-4898
In New Mexico, (505) 281-0684
10 am to 10 pm Mountain Time, 7 days