[NAFEX] Paw paw spacing?

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Wed May 4 06:24:44 EDT 2011

In a message dated 5/4/2011 12:32:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
filtertitle at aol.com writes:

> Would it be ok to space two paw paw trees at merely 3-feet apart, yet
> with unlimited space surrounding them, apart from each other?
>
> I think that, over time, a paw paw would, if given the space, get to
> around 18-feet wide in the northeast (under cultivation).

Hi Steve,

Three feet apart just isn't a good idea. Why are you wanting to do this? I
have many trees 5 feet apart and that is too close.

It would be unusual for a pawpaw tree to have 9 foot long limbs, or 18 feet
in diameter even with clear space around it.

Jerry