[NAFEX] evans-bali cherry

Steve sdw12986 at aol.com
Fri Jul 29 00:52:38 EDT 2011

Thanks Doug, that certainly gives me something to think about. The part
of my yard where I tried both the North Star and Bali/Evans cherry trees
is indeed very rich. I judge that by the fact that I have planted plum
trees in that part of the yard and had them send up 6 feet of growth the
first year. A few years ago I grafted a plum onto a short existing
sprout and got 3 shoots 4 feet tall to choose from for the trunk. I have
plums that do well there but maybe it was too much for the Bali.
I have another corner of the yard which is more sandy and doesn't grow
grass nearly as well as the other part of the lawn. Maybe I should try a
new Bali over there.

Steve